Magic Milk Coloring is Simple science experiment that we can do with toddlers and young kids too, with material easily available at home. It can be called a Kitchen Experiment, as we will use kitchen items for our science experiment.
It is a super fun activity to see color fireworks in milk. Perfect activity for summer or rainy season.
Full fat milk
Food colors (as many as available)
It is basically a chemical reaction between soap and milk fat. The soap when touched with milk, breaks its proteins and fats; thus resulting in bursting of colors.
- Take milk in a shallow dish
- Add few drops of food colors at different places
- Dip cotton swab in dish soap
- Touch swab with color drops
- You will see the colors bursting like fire crackers and make patterns.
- You can add more colors
- You can make indefinite number of patterns because 2 patterns will never be same even with same colors.
Keep adding colors and making patterns until there is no more splitting or color bursting.
Enjoy and Learn with Science!!